What You Will Learn
After completing the "A Credit to You" online course, you will be able to:
- DISTINGUISH the difference between credit reports and credit scores
- PULL your credit report and credit scores for free
- IDENTIFY and REVIEW important sections of your credit report
- PREDICT your likelihood of qualifying for the best rates on a home loan based on your credit score
- CONSTRUCT and EVALUATE a personalized plan to build (or rebuild) your credit rating
Time to Complete: 45-60 minutes total (you may complete this course all at once or in multiple sessions)
- Pulling Your Free Credit Report
- Who Are the Credit Bureaus (Consumer Reporting Agencies)?
- How Credit Reports Are Organized
- What You Should Look For on Your Credit Report
- 8 Steps for Disputing Errors on Your Credit Report
- Opting Out of Promotional Credit and Insurance Offers
- Freezing Your Credit Report
- Freezing Your Child’s Credit Report
- Module 2 Quiz
- Common Credit Scoring Models
- The FICO Score Range
- Good Credit Scores
- Bad Credit Scores
- Viewing Your Credit Score
- Painful Events on Your Credit
- Dealing with Collection Account Threats
- Activities that Positively Affect Your Credit Score
- SIX Steps to Building (or Rebuilding) Your Credit Score
- Your Credit Building Plan
- Committing to Credit Building
- Module 3 Quiz
More Free Courses
We have multiple personal finance courses to choose from, including budgeting, credit building, debt reduction, saving, and developing effective spending habits.
About Money Fit
Since 1996, Money Fit by DRS has helped hundreds of thousands of American consumers rescue their finances through budgeting, credit counseling, and debt management programs.
Tens of thousands of others from around the country and the world have successfully gone through our educational workshops and webinars and visited our educators and counselors at community events.
Earning Your Certificate of Completion
By following the steps through the course, you can master your credit report and score. Whether you would like to know the difference between a credit report and a credit score, or you are looking for specific steps to follow for rebuilding your credit rating, this course is for you.
To move from one module to the next, you will need to view each lesson and then successfully completing the module quiz with a score of 80% or better (4 out of 5). Once you have gone through all three modules and successfully passed the quizzes, you will receive a certificate of completion.